Thursday, April 23, 2015
Happy Earth Day.....I chose this picture to share for Earth day, to celebrate one of the greatest miracles in life, the miracle of a drop of water. This is in the desert of Ocotillo Wells, in California, where the soil cracks from dryness, where at other times of the year this is brown, but a few drops would change cracked brown into a heaven of colors.
Posted by betchai at 4:34 PM
Tips for Hearing Impaired Travelers
With a little advanced planning, you can greatly reduce any future frustration while traveling. Start by booking everything online. This way you’ll have a printout of all of your travel plans including dates, prices and hotel and car reservations. Some tips for your travel list:
• When you have selected your destination, ask about provisions for the hearing impaired. Your hotel should offer helpful things. If not, you might want to look for a different hotel.
• Pack everything you need. Hearing aids such as Miracle Ear offer the correct supplies for cleaning the device. Make sure you pack cleaning supplies, extra batteries and the proper cases in your carry-on luggage. If you have an extra set, you can bring that too.
• Ask about the travel restriction for your phone. You’ll want to be able to send text messages wherever you go and receive travel updates.
• Always remind your hotel staff or tour guide that you are hearing impaired. You may need to make special arrangements for a wake-up call, or tell room service that you can’t hear a knock on the door.
• Even if your hearing aid is working properly, it’s recommended to have it checked by a professional before you embark on a journey. If anything goes wrong, you may not have access to the right repair agency. You can also ask for a referral to a hearing professional at your destination.
• If you are on a guided tour, inform your tour guide that you are hearing impaired. Also, inform your flight attendant on a plane or any other passengers in a car.
• Always ask for help when needed. This will save you worry and frustration that will take unnecessary time out of your vacation.
There’s no reason you can’t have a fantastic vacation whether you are going to the great outdoors or for urban clubbing. Just remember to make people near you aware of your hearing loss, and prepare to have a memorable time.
Posted by betchai at 4:30 PM